What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your browser or device that contain information about your browsing activities. They are widely used to make websites work more efficiently and to provide a better browsing experience for users. Cookies can be either persistent cookies, which remain on your computer or device until they are deleted, or session cookies, which are temporary and are deleted once you close your browser.
- Essential cookies: These cookies are necessary for the operation of our website. They enable core functionality such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the website cannot function properly.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to analyze how visitors use our website, which helps us improve the performance and functionality of the site. For example, we may use performance cookies to track website traffic, identify popular pages, and measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies enable us to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features and personalized content. For example, we may use functionality cookies to remember your preferences, such as language selection or font size, and to provide you with customized content based on your interests.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to your interests. They may be used by advertising networks to track your browsing activity across different websites and to display targeted ads based on your browsing history and preferences.
Types of cookies we use
Here are the types of cookies we use on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How to control cookies
To manage cookies through your web browser settings, you can follow the instructions provided by your browser manufacturer. You can usually find these instructions in the Help section of your browser’s menu. You can also learn more about cookies and how to manage them by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Thank you for visiting TheDailyScience.org.